On December 30, 2022, the China Quality Certification Centre (CQC) introduced updated rules for the certification of automobile seats and head restraints. The new implementation rules, CQC16-491261-2022, supersede the previous CQC16-491261-2018 and took effect on January 1, 2023.
Alterations for automobile seats and head restraints consist of:
- Detailed requirements for test sample specifications and quantities now refer to the associated vehicle body-in-white, essential for dynamic product testing as a support structure for seats being examined
- GB Standards are now identified with the specific year version numbers, such as “GB8410” becoming “GB8410-2006” and “GB15083” becoming “GB15083-2019”
- Remote audits are permitted under certain conditions, but limitations exist, such as not allowing back-to-back remote audits for a factory in two successive years
- E-certificates have been introduced, but they do not supersede the original certificate
- In situations involving plant relocation or the opening of a new site within the same corporate group, the plant may obtain the CQC certificate in advance after passing product tests, but prior to the plant audit. The factory audit must be conducted within three months of the certificate being issued. The CQC will determine on an individual basis whether this option can be applied.
- The CQC marking has been omitted from the implementation rules. The CCC marking is still applicable to this product group, as seats and head restraints remain subject to the compulsory CCC Self-Declaration requirement
For more details on how CCC certification, the CCC Self-Declaration, and voluntary CCAP or CQC certification may influence your company, or for any general information about CCC certification, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.