CQC announced the updated Implementation Rules for voluntary CQC certification of interior trimming components on December 30, 2022. The new Implementation Rules CQC16-491264-2022 replace the previous CQC16-491264-2018.
Summary of Updates:
- New CQC certificates have a 10-year validity, subject to successful annual follow-up audits
- Enhanced unit classification
- Revised plant categorization
- Updated type test requirements for school buses and commercial passenger vans
- Specified type test requirements for all interior trim materials: Additional flammability tests are necessary if parts exhibit varying burning rates in different directions
- Remote factory audits allowed under “special circumstances” when on-site audits are not feasible
- Introduction of new templates for Description Form and COP Execution Report
Implementation Timeline & Actions:
- Published: December 30, 2022; Implemented: January 01, 2023
- Certificate Updates: Immediate certificate updates are not required by CQC. Updates should be made alongside the next change application
- Burning Rates of Parts: If your components have different burning rates in various directions, please inform us to assess the necessary actions.
We are eager to discuss the impact of the new regulations on your existing and future certifications individually. For more information and inquiries, please feel free to contact us.